GUIDELINES AND EXPECTATIONS
All Group Leaders: Please read the guidelines and expectations before filling out the entry form (DIWALI ENTRY FORM document). Submission for the entries begins September 8th, 2020 at 8:00 am and closes September 25th at 8:00 pm. Any entries received after the deadline will not be accepted. The Virtual Diwali Event is on November 7th, 2020!
- A video of the complete performance with all the participants should be sent to me by October 9th, 2020 by 10:00 p.m. This will be used to determine your line up in the cultural program.
- All songs/ music/ karaoke tracks used during your performance need to be sent to me by October 11th by 10:00 pm.
- Every participant must follow the guidelines and expectations outlined below to be eligible to perform. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS.
Group Leaders/Performer expectations: PLEASE READ INFORMATION CAREFULLY
- All participants in the performance are required to be in the video sent to me.
- Any participant in the performance should have their name on the form.
- No performer will be added to the already submitted performance.
- Only items with 2 or more performers will be allowed. NO SOLO PERFORMANCES will be accepted. No EXCEPTIONS.
- There must be an equal contribution from all participants during the performance
- All performances must be 4 minutes or less.
- Participation in more than one item is not permitted.
- No repetition of songs will be allowed (no remixes either!!!) – Songs will be given to groups on a first-come, first-serve basis based on when the Entry Form is filled out.
- No changes to your song selection will be allowed after the last date of entries unless requested by the cultural committee due to repetition.
- We will be taking a maximum of 30 entries. Unique, culturally-relevant, and well-prepared performances will be preferred.
- We will stop accepting entries when the 30 entries are filled or at 8:00 pm on September 25th, 2020, whichever is reached first.
- Like always we would like to promote the use of props. Every group is encouraged to use a prop that is incorporated into the performance. Please fill in the Entry form what prop(s) you would be using.
- We are not accepting any entries for MC’s, please do not request.
- Entries will only be accepted by Anu Pande.
In case of any issue, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- There will be no rehearsal on the stage before the event.
- Cultural Committee’s decision is FINAL on every item.
- All entries which are incomplete, not in the official entry form, or do not follow all the guidelines and expectations will not be considered and will result in rejection.
I am here to serve my community, feel free to email me with any questions or concerns related to your performance at my email email@example.com. Thank you!